Saturday, August 15, 2015

Barstow/Calico KOA - Yermo, CA



One time when going west out of Las Vegas on I15 I ran over a huge black road gator. Just barely missed it with the truck tires but both right side trailer tires ran over it. The lead tire exploded immediately and the aft tire was flat by the time I got stopped. Our friends were following and completely missed it. I was blinded from it by an 18 wheeler in front of me. It wasn’t until after he swerved to miss it that I saw it….too late.

We used our spare and our friends spare and went on looking for a place to get more tires. Barstow was the first place with a sizeable tire retailer so we stopped there at the KOA for a couple of days. Got some new tires and looked around the local area.

At that time the CG was being worked by local collage students. They were very friendly and helpful with everything.

The CG is probably the most disarranged lay-out of any we have stayed at. There was no way they were going to cut down any trees or shrubs when they put in the infrastructure. So, sites were zigzagged and misaligned throughout the CG. But there are still some large ones and the amenities were FHU with CATV just to mention the ones we covet.

RV Parking Places #64 

http://koa.com/campgrounds/barstow/overview/


 


1 comment:

  1. My wife and I were headed to Las Vegas, on a business trip. We had the drivers side inside dual give way on us. We were just south of Barstow. We got off the I-15 and waited for 4 hours for a tire truck to show up from Coach Net. We made it to the KOA just after 9:30pm, the young lady waited for us to get there so we could check in on a Saturday night. Needless to say we did not make it to Las Vegas. We turned around and went back to San Diego. the following weekend we bought 7 new tires. The tires on the RV were just under 4 years old. The KOA was nice. We have not been back there since, but I would recommend it to any one that wants to stay there.

    ReplyDelete