Wednesday, June 24, 2015

April Valley RV Park, Pickens, SC



During a summer trip north, destination, Nova Scotia, we got as far as West Ossipee, NH. Then we got the news that my wife’s mother had got a wrong prescription from a pharmacy and was in critical condition. We contacted my brother-in-law and asked him to find us a long term RV Park/CG within reasonable driving distance to my mother-in-laws. He found one that was new construction and  ready  to open. We would be their very first customers. I was a little concerned about the infrastructure but he insured me they had full hook-ups with 50 amps and all of it was new and they would offer us a great discount as their first customers.

When we got there I wasn’t impressed at all but we took it anyway. The owners lived on the property so we weren’t entirely all by ourselves at night. It was way out in the boonies but an easy drive to our daily destination.

I chose a site that backed-up to a fully stocked catfish pond. It was in the middle of the summer and I had a tree close by that I could park the truck under to provide it with a bit of shade. We were there for more than three months and were still the only ones to have parked there when we left.

The upper pond is fed from a fresh water stream and had trout in it and the pond. The catfish in the pond behind our fiver averaged about three pounds, very good eating size.

Today the place has evolved into a nice country campground far away from the town and city noises. A good place to chill, I’m sure.
http://www.aprilvalleyrvcampground.com/

 
 
 
 
RV Parking #4
Just click on the picture to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment